Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

RE: what driver tube to use when running PP Triode 6AQ5s?

I like USA manufactured Raytheon 6CG7, but that lower gain tube needs a preamp. I use 1/2 a section of another Raytheon 6CG7 as a preamp. If using just one driver/phase splitter only, I would use a 12AT7. It has enough gain.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups


Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Message:   (Posts are subject to Content Rules)
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.