In Reply to: RE: Interesting posted by kentaja on July 29, 2013 at 11:42:35:
The new larger Quad, 989/2905,/2912, add an additional 'bass' panel top and bottom to the outer ring, 6 panels in total. This produces a speaker with greater bass energy and creates a larger baffle. It does not however increase output or extension in the bottom.
I have added even more panels creating a stack that is (8) panels high. I suppose one can rotate the whole thing 90 degrees but I see no real advantage in that approach. Just makes the speakers wider rather than taller. Larger footprint on the floor. I would rather have the speaker taller.
You will note the concentric ring patter on the upper two 'bass' panels and the bottom 'bass' panel. Ignore this. The concentric ring pattern has been connected together electrically to create 'bass' panels. I did not have enough 'bass' panels on hand at the time to build this speaker so I just used 'tweeter' panels.
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Hey Kent - E-Stat 19:06:11 07/28/13 (16)
- RE: Hey Kent - kentaja 08:35:56 07/29/13 (0)
- RE: Hey Kent - JBen 21:13:56 07/28/13 (0)
- pardonne-moi, nearfield listening to U-1s? _ ‹nt› - Mart 20:42:49 07/28/13 (13)
- Well... - E-Stat 06:18:21 07/29/13 (12)
- “no driving blending issues” … - Mart 09:42:58 07/29/13 (11)
- I refer to lack of crossovers/frequency specific drivers - E-Stat 10:30:36 07/29/13 (10)
- RE: I refer to lack of crossovers/frequency specific drivers - kentaja 10:44:47 07/29/13 (9)
- Interesting - E-Stat 11:05:50 07/29/13 (8)
- RE: Interesting - kentaja 11:42:35 07/29/13 (7)
- RE: Interesting - E-Stat 12:00:00 07/29/13 (1)
- RE: Interesting - kentaja 12:28:33 07/29/13 (0)
- RE: Interesting - kentaja 07/29/1311:55:01 07/29/13 (4)