Inmate Central, where civil and family-friendly discourse about off-audio topics (other than religion and politics) is welcome.
In Reply to: REVENGE posted by pictureguy on April 15, 2021 at 12:45:57:
blocked from a hearing: that was Mitch, the great legislator, breaking with tradition--- and remember Ginsburg's successor? Mitch had no problem putting a replacement vote for her with weeks before the election.
Second: this court is alarmingly, and I mean "alarmingly," making vast numbers of unprecedented "shadow docket" rulings. This is against what Scalia and other conservative SCOTUS's previously have spoken out against.
"All told, the Trump administration sought emergency relief pending appeal 41 times in four years; in contrast, the Bush and Obama administrations together sought such relief eight times in 16 years. And the justices largely acquiesced to the Trump applications, granting 28 in full or in part".
If this isn't "judicial activism, what the heck is?This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - REVENGE - pictureguy 12:45:57 04/15/21 (12)
- One thought, one question... - Steve O 15:38:04 04/15/21 (3)
- RE: One thought, one question... - pictureguy 15:50:24 04/15/21 (2)
- Where or where do you get your info? NO president can "executive order" a change to the SCOTUS. Period. nt - tinear 15:59:15 04/15/21 (1)
- RE: Where or where do you get your info? NO president can "executive order" a change to the SCOTUS. Period. nt - pictureguy 16:04:03 04/15/21 (0)
- RE: REVENGE - Sondek 13:07:22 04/15/21 (2)
- Two points: Merrick Garland shouldn't have been - tinear 04/15/2113:06:56 04/15/21 (4)Follow Ups
- Two points: Merrick Garland shouldn't have been - tinear 04/15/2113:06:56 04/15/21 (4)
You can not post to an archived thread.