In Reply to: Re: I would NOT hesitate.... posted by AbeCollins on May 7, 2004 at 11:34:44:
I have been corresponding with Dan, and as of now you have to purchase your own unit, and then send it to him--Although, he has been looking for a source to purchase these players, in order to offer a complete unit already modded.
The tube mod for the 2900 is $1200, and I believe the 5900 mod will be $1400.
I asked him about possibility of adding a digital input as part of his modifications, and he has been studying the idea. If he were to offer a complete unit already modded w/digital input, that would be enough for me to take the plunge...
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Modded Denon vs. high quality Redbook - Bob S 06:23:00 05/5/04 (15)
- Thanks All!! (nt) - Bob S 17:38:53 05/6/04 (0)
- I would NOT hesitate.... - Audio Pharaoh 11:02:29 05/5/04 (11)
- Re: I would NOT hesitate.... - Bob S 05:20:36 05/6/04 (10)
- Re: I would NOT hesitate.... - kmmd 06:41:01 05/6/04 (8)
- Re: I would NOT hesitate.... - AbeCollins 11:34:44 05/7/04 (4)
- Re: I would NOT hesitate.... - Bob S 05/7/0419:17:57 05/7/04 (3)
- Re: I would NOT hesitate.... - Audio Pharaoh 13:29:31 05/6/04 (2)
- Re: I would NOT hesitate.... - Audio Pharaoh 06:19:11 05/6/04 (0)
- My Exemplar/Denon 2900 has clearly better cd than my older dacs - Norm 08:25:03 05/5/04 (1)
- I would agree with you.... - Audio Pharaoh 10:59:03 05/5/04 (0)