Amp/Preamp Asylum: UPDATE! Good news! by Aberdeen Components
Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.
|For Sale Ads|
In Reply to: Tact nightmare. Buyer beware. posted by gdg on April 4, 2008 at 20:47:49:
TacT has given the option to refund the total of $3000 or to replace Gerryâ€™s amp with a brand new 2150xdm, that I will fully test and send to Gerry myself.
Gerry, chosen the New tested 2150XDM offer.
I will personally check the amp over and test its many functions, and condition, Then I will send Gerry his new amp. Upon Gerry approval of his New amp, he will send back the damage/broken amp back to TacT audio. All shipping will be on Tactâ€™s tab.(TacT does know that part yet, but I have TacT's UPS account # to charge the shipping all the associated shipping charges. ;c) ).
Whoâ€™s at fault? IMO, a little bit of all partiesâ€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦ IMO: Dealer did not follow through with typical Dealer responsibilities, TacT took over Dealer responsibilities for the best interest for its customers as they tried in Gerryâ€™s case, and â€œbentâ€ itâ€™s own company policies by shipping Internal PCB assemblies to Gerry, Hoping to resolve issues without cost and time Gerry would be without music. Unfortunately the part sent was wrong, then other part did not fix issue, (more time has passed) Gerry had to sent Amp back to TacT, TacT sent amp back to Gerry, (and more time has passed) (TACT PAID FOR SHIPPING BTW, the $80 Gerry mention was a CUSTOM BROKERAGE FEE, not COD FOR SHIPPING) Gerry gets amp back with main problem not resolved and now has a Dent on the corner on the amp. Gerry gets crazy pissed with profanity ridden email (or phone contact) when owner of TacT (BOZ) at dismisses damage to amp was done a TacT. (after this Boz received more emails ridden with profanity, I am not sure if Gerry did try in a amicable way to finally resolve this issues with TacT before concluded he â€œgot screwed for $3kâ€. I dunno, I donâ€™t care t this point, but I tried to contact Gerryâ€™s Dealer, Jeff Stakes HIFI to see if Jeff would be willing to help Gerry out on this issue, I get NO REPONCE from JEFF. I was hoping for JEFF to AT LEAST to refund Gerry the â€œprofitâ€ on the transaction, But I guess Jeff needs it more, as he is not a TACT DEALER NO MORE. (I wonder why?) As TacT was willing to refund the amount up to the dealer cost â€¦â€¦ Basically as you can see, communications really went south on the issue, rather quickly at this point.
So what is done to prevent such problems in the Future?
1)TacT already this year, re-vamped dealer base in effort to have its dealers give proper tech support and service to its customers. (such as those â€œtake a buck and run dealersâ€)
2)TacT already has stricter requirements for becoming a TacT dealer along with dealer responsibility guidelines to be followed.
3)TacT will not send non-user service parts to its customers.
4)Tact will revise RMA procedures of receiving and shipping units in for repairs.
So, this is the update, and I should be receiving Gerryâ€™s unit in a few days From TacT Audio.
So if anyone has any TacT related problems, and feel they maybe not getting the proper help or issues with service related problems, it just may be a simple communication issue, that can be easily solved.
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Tact nightmare. Buyer beware. - gdg 20:47:49 04/4/08 ( 89)
- RE: Tact nightmare. Buyer beware. - email@example.com 21:32:26 04/9/08 ( 0)
I think a bit of thanks needs to go to Aberdeen!! - Shane from AUS 00:59:31 04/9/08 ( 1)
- I think the AA deserves the most credit! :) nt - bjh 07:09:18 04/9/08 ( 0)
Who needs Tact when you have Lyngdorf? - ppopp 10:55:36 04/8/08 ( 1)
- RE: Who needs Tact when you have Lyngdorf? - jtkarma 12:06:28 04/8/08 ( 0)
RE: I love this thread, it's a freaking Audio Telenovela - jtkarma 09:36:57 04/8/08 ( 3)
- The irony.... - gdg 19:44:36 04/8/08 ( 0)
RE: I love this thread, it's a freaking Audio Telenovela - WW85 10:30:03 04/8/08 ( 1)
- Oops! - gdg 20:13:52 04/8/08 ( 0)
UPDATE! Good news! - Aberdeen Components 04/6/08 23:49:10 04/6/08 ( 3) Att GERRY please contact me!! - Aberdeen Components 16:27:54 04/6/08 ( 0)
U.S. - Canada angle - WW85 13:32:55 04/6/08 ( 19)
- Irrelevant except in term of legal remedies for me. - gdg 14:20:47 04/6/08 ( 18)
- Not true - WW85 14:55:09 04/6/08 ( 17)
- Why are there in fact any customs charges, duties, call them what you may, ... - Neil49 15:40:51 04/6/08 ( 8)
- They may well be, and should be, exempt. - WW85 16:06:35 04/6/08 ( 7)
- Again, the issue here isn't one of EXPORTING, ... - Neil49 16:14:44 04/6/08 ( 6)
- Agree- partially - WW85 16:32:45 04/6/08 ( 0)
- RE: Again, the issue here isn't one of EXPORTING, ... - Aberdeen Components 16:23:17 04/6/08 ( 4)
- Re: "I think it more linked to the Dealer he bought it from..." - Neil49 16:42:35 04/6/08 ( 3)
- RE: Re: "I think it more linked to the Dealer he bought it from..." - Aberdeen Components 16:54:03 04/6/08 ( 2)
- Good for you, and I hope you are successful... - Neil49 16:58:43 04/6/08 ( 1)
- RE: Good for you, and I hope you are successful... - Aberdeen Components 17:20:43 04/6/08 ( 0)
- You are misleading people. - gdg 15:03:11 04/6/08 ( 7)
- RE: You are misleading people. - Aberdeen Components 16:05:10 04/6/08 ( 0)
Trivial? - WW85 15:55:52 04/6/08 ( 3)
- RE: Trivial? - gdg 16:29:25 04/6/08 ( 0)
RE: Trivial? - Aberdeen Components 16:03:17 04/6/08 ( 1)
- RE: Trivial? - WW85 16:16:06 04/6/08 ( 0)
Moderator -- please move this thread to General. - bjh 09:58:53 04/6/08 ( 1)
- This company and topic are directly relavent to people involved in digital hi fi. - gdg 14:49:23 04/6/08 ( 0)
RE: Tact nightmare. Buyer beware. - Whodiini 20:02:13 04/5/08 ( 10)
- When the facts won't suffice, discredit the person. - gdg 21:22:13 04/5/08 ( 9)
- RE: When the facts won't suffice, discredit the person. - Whodiini 00:46:42 04/6/08 ( 8)
- RE: When the facts won't suffice, discredit the person. - gdg 02:43:49 04/6/08 ( 7)
- RE: Excellent product support in the industry. - gdg 03:02:33 04/6/08 ( 6)
- RE: Excellent product support in the industry. - Aberdeen Components 12:14:06 04/6/08 ( 3)
- Do you hold your dealer at least partially responsible? - Ozzie 04:17:33 04/6/08 ( 1)
- There is branch of this thread below that talks about the dealer.. - gdg 04:28:07 04/6/08 ( 0)
RE: Tact nightmare. Buyer beware. - JGT 18:47:02 04/5/08 ( 0)
what's the dealer's role? - troporobo 18:40:08 04/5/08 ( 2)
- RE: what's the dealer's role? - gdg 19:25:17 04/5/08 ( 1)
- sounds to me like he deserves as much vitriol as the manufacturer - troporobo 05:53:43 04/6/08 ( 0)
RE: Tact nightmare. Buyer beware. - Tact Audio 15:39:54 04/5/08 ( 25)
- Tact Nightmare, Tact Nightmare, ...I've seen it here in this thread so often, it's beginning to make sense... - Neil49 16:24:31 04/6/08 ( 0)
RE: Tact nightmare. Buyer beware. - Money W 16:20:17 04/6/08 ( 0)
That's nicer than I would have been - mbnx01 15:27:18 04/6/08 ( 4)
- RE: That's nicer than I would have been - Aberdeen Components 15:57:33 04/6/08 ( 3)
- Let's put the shoe on the other foot. How would you, as a dealer, respond to the following scenerio? - gdg 17:23:55 04/6/08 ( 2)
- At this point, gdg, why don't you just get in touch with Anthony... - Neil49 17:38:53 04/6/08 ( 0)
- How I as a Dealer, How would I handle it? - Aberdeen Components 17:28:39 04/6/08 ( 0)
Tact---you are only making matters worse for yourself. - silence 11:39:31 04/6/08 ( 0)
"in order not to humiliate its employees the company has to draw a line and distance itself from --- person" - bjh 08:59:04 04/6/08 ( 0)
Sorry, Tact. Your reply is unconvincing. You have lost another potential customer. [nt] - David Spear 00:13:34 04/6/08 ( 0)
RE: Tact nightmare. Buyer beware. - dnnaudio 18:58:04 04/5/08 ( 9) RE: Tact nightmare. Buyer beware. - Aberdeen Components 19:11:33 04/5/08 ( 5) A note on Aberdeen Components. - gdg 19:58:52 04/5/08 ( 2) TOTALLY unconvincing. - Dave Pogue 17:00:15 04/5/08 ( 0)
Honor your warrantee (customer)... - mpathus 16:59:12 04/5/08 ( 0)
RE: Tact nightmare. Buyer beware. - Zozo 16:27:39 04/5/08 ( 1)
- RE: Tact nightmare. Buyer beware. - cyclonic 23:33:24 04/5/08 ( 0)
What you can't register your moniker? - gme109 16:19:12 04/5/08 ( 0)
- RE: What you can't register your moniker? - consumer 22:50:21 06/18/09 ( 0)
RE: Tact nightmare. Buyer beware. - audioengr 10:45:18 04/5/08 ( 1)
- RE: Tact nightmare. Buyer beware. - gdg 14:04:57 04/5/08 ( 0)
RE: Tact nightmare. Buyer beware. - Todd Krieger 09:52:42 04/5/08 ( 2) Excellent, Concise, Chronological Post - Gerry E. 08:02:45 04/5/08 ( 0)
RE: Tact nightmare. Buyer beware. - Arkio 07:10:14 04/5/08 ( 0)
RE: Tact nightmare. Buyer beware. - sk 06:00:52 04/5/08 ( 2)
- PLUG-MAN ! where is your PHONEY ID Steve BEEN? - Aberdeen Components 12:21:18 04/8/08 ( 0)
RE: Tact nightmare. Buyer beware. - J.Mac 16:41:28 04/7/08 ( 0)
RE: Tact nightmare. Buyer beware. - zanash 04:05:39 04/5/08 ( 1)
- Tact knows that International customers are in a difficult legal position. - gdg 04:31:16 04/6/08 ( 0)