People have recommended Skylan stands here before and talked about them. I've even recommended them on the basis of hearsay and theory. Finally, with the US dollar up lately and the Canadian dollar down, I pulled the trigger and ordered a pair of 4 post stands, 28 inches high, for my Harbeth Monitor 30's. I had been using a smaller metal stand with stuff on top to get the speakers up to the right height (tweeters at the same height as my ears sitting in my chair). I also tried a 28 inch metal stand designed for smaller lighter speakers, but that didn't work too well.
The base and top plate (a perfect match for the M30 since Noel makes them for your speakers) are mdf. The fillable rectangular columns are made of some kind of extruded polymer. The edges are all rounded and the fit and finish are very nice. They were very easy to assemble, and they look nice. Clear instructions, a little wrench and a nifty funnel for filling are all included. Spikes and screw-on flat feet are supplied for the base, depending on whether your floor is carpeted or hard. Little pads are fixed to the top plate to support the speakers.
Soundstage, depth, imaging, clarity, resolution and bass are all a lot better than what I had before.
They were never expensive, but for US buyers, with the decline in the value of the Canadian dollar, Skylan stands are a real bargain.
"Occasionally we list eccentrically, all sense of balance gone."This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Skylan - PabloP 17:41:19 11/20/08 (10)
- Oh yes. - Frihed89 03:21:26 11/21/08 (5)
- RE: Mapleshade Bedrock Stands or Make Your Own.. - email@example.com 10:22:43 11/21/08 (2)
- RE: tweeters at ear level - I wasn't making a general recommendaiton - PabloP 10:50:22 11/21/08 (1)
- RE: I was thinking the Bedrocks might work for Frihed and his LS3/5A's nt - firstname.lastname@example.org 11:16:57 11/21/08 (0)
- Noel ships all over the world - mbnx01 06:57:14 11/21/08 (1)
- RE: Noel ships all over the world - PabloP 08:50:17 11/21/08 (0)
- The best solution to getting tweeters at the right height and having best bass? - tinear 18:08:13 11/20/08 (3)
- Do you know anything about anything? - PabloP 18:34:12 11/20/08 (2)
- Calma, brother. I didn't realize it was an 8". I have had lots of - tinear 10:09:50 11/21/08 (0)
- Here lately I would say the answer to that question...... - Ozzy 01:49:47 11/21/08 (0)