In Reply to: Skylan posted by RGA on May 25, 2004 at 22:49:13:
I think I might just have to go with Option 2...buy a footstool that is exactly 10 inches less than a normal chair. That way I wont even need a stand!
I'm intending to build it myself and I'm gonna get someone I know to help me make the cabinet. Lucky for me, he will basically do it at cost. So that will work out to be just around 2k including taxes and everything. Still debating to stain or not to stain. My dad keeps telling me that if its good wood then laquer will do. Stains are for woods that are less than good quality. Always did like that rich cherry colour though.
500 for stands is a lot, but seeing that the built E's are quite heavy, I'll need some heavy stands to support them. I understand that skylan uses polymers rather than metal. I'm cool with that except that polymer is quite a bit lighter than metal. Would 10inches of loading be enough to support a heavy cabinet? I guess I can fill more lead and less sand...This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Audio Note speaker owners - Peter and Mr. Rochlin if you're out there:) - RGA 14:12:43 05/22/04 (10)
- Re: Audio Note speaker owners - Peter and Mr. Rochlin if you're out there:) - Peter Qvortrup 03:09:42 05/23/04 (9)
- Quick question on the foam thing... - RGA 23:38:10 05/23/04 (8)
- Re: Quick question on the foam thing... - transducergeek 23:36:57 05/25/04 (0)
- Re: Quick question on the foam thing... - Peter Qvortrup 01:42:47 05/24/04 (6)Follow Ups
- Re: Skylan - 92135011 05/25/0423:06:54 05/25/04 (0)
You can not post to an archived thread.