Okay - the budget is more than already going to be blown on the standmounts. Problem...you need speaker stands. You look around and see stands going for hundreds which to me look like a bunch of metal that could not possibly have cost more than $20.00 worth of sheet metal.
Speakers being looked at are Audio Note AN KSPe
I have some cheap wood stands but are too low. Need 20-21' stands.
Don't want to cheap out, but what can I get away with as a temporary measure...or should I use the wood.
The dealer tells me they use Skylan stands at $200.00Cdn a pair. I'm assuming SKY-20D.
Should I bite the bullit...I just hate buying something I haven't researched to the nth degree. It's taken 4 years of browsing to find the speaker...and I don't really want to be hampered with a crappy stand...on the other hand I don't want to buy overpriced snake-oil.
Thanks. Link to Skylan http://www.skylanstands.com/stands.htm
The An SpeakerThis post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Any good inexpensive Speaker Stands? - RGA 21:42:57 09/30/03 (12)
- Re: Any good inexpensive Speaker Stands? - dudlew 20:18:03 10/1/03 (0)
- Re: Any good inexpensive Speaker Stands? - Gerry E. 13:47:53 10/1/03 (0)
- aesthetics - abe_sfbay 12:10:09 10/1/03 (0)
- $20 in material costs? ...Perhaps, but.... - hifi heretic 10:51:26 10/1/03 (3)
- Are You Suggesting........... - Peter K 06:05:37 10/2/03 (1)
- of course not. - hifi heretic 07:29:31 10/2/03 (0)
- Well said - Dalancroft 14:07:20 10/1/03 (0)
- Re: Any good inexpensive Speaker Stands? - Ron D 08:24:13 10/1/03 (1)
- agreed, Noel at skylan is great to deal with! Awesome products. (NT) - RooX 13:44:09 10/1/03 (0)
- Re: Any good inexpensive Speaker Stands? - thelanes97 05:46:49 10/1/03 (0)
- check out - DavidLD 03:59:17 10/1/03 (0)
- Re: Any good inexpensive Speaker Stands? - gordonb007 23:59:11 09/30/03 (0)
You can not post to an archived thread.